Forensic Image, Extraction, Clustering, and Export (FIERCE) is an application that automates the process of extracting facial images from multimedia and clustering them into manageable files for export.
AUTOMATES THE PROCESS OF EXPLOITING FACIAL IMAGES FROM MULTIMEDIA
With the wide adoption of cell phones and surveillance cameras, the availability of digital multimedia can be overwhelming. Oftentimes, operational personnel, such as law enforcement officers, receive large collections of various types of multimedia that contain facial images, including office documents, loose images with single/multiple faces, video, etc. Current approaches to exploiting this data require excessive manual labor using ad-hoc processes which do not result in searchable objects that can produce the most accurate results and support forensic examination disciplines. FIERCE was designed to automatically solve this problem by exploiting the data and selecting the best-quality searchable faces using state-of-the-art matching algorithms.
CREATES OUTPUT DATA THAT IS IMMEDIATELY USABLE IN BIOMETRIC SYSTEMS
FIERCE creates standards-compliant EBTS files for each detected identity that can immediately be sent to large biometric systems such as DoD ABIS, FBI NGI, and DHS HART in an attempt to identify unknown persons of interest. FIERCE utilizes Lakota’s proven standards-based ANI product to ensure that a valid and compliant EBTS submission is automatically created for the target system.
FIND KNOWN INDIVIDUALS OR SUSPECTS WITHIN VIDEO DATA
In addition to photographs, FIERCE can also be used to process video data such as CCTV recordings. FIERCE can automatically find a person of interest in the video data, providing an output of the precise times that they were seen in the video to speed up the video review process. Similarly, FIERCE could be used to find certain family members in collections of old home videos.
EASILY SORT PHOTOGRAPHS BASED ON INDIVIDUALS IN THE PICTURE
The wide adoption of cell phones and digital photography has significantly increased the number of photos that people have taken over the years. In addition, photographers routinely take numerous pictures at large events such as kid’s sporting events, school dances, races (5k, 10k, etc.), etc. A lot of time and effort is spent organizing these photos based on the individuals in the picture before they can are released. Often this process can take weeks or months to properly sort the photos and release them. With FIERCE, this process can be automated, making the photos available significantly faster while significantly reducing the amount of work required by a photographer.
Photographers and Videographers can use this system to!
FIERCE is configurable to meet the needs of those in the photography industry as well. This application can help you sort images of you subjects quickly and easily to help save time. (need to expand on this)
FIERCEQuickly process all of your imagery:
- Automatically extract faces from image, document, and video sources
- Clusters and sorts faces into identities based on all facial poses including frontal, left/right angle, left/right profile
- Identifies and reports all traces of persons of interest within the multimedia
- Output images are cropped and aligned properly regardless of pose
- Background redaction can be performed from localized facial images
- Build compliant EBTS submissions for detected identities using Whorl
- Demographic extractions supported include sex, race and age range
- Operate on standard workstations with no expensive cloud-based resources or graphics processing units required
- Integrating accepted standards as published by NIST OSAC, FISWG, and the IAI
- Supported on multiple platforms including Windows, Linux, and Mac OS